Here’s a little work … or rather a great work for Eline. If you see lots of kits, wallets and other accessories, I prefer to make clothes for my kids and those of others …
So this jacket was started in June and ended in September. After the photo shoot on a mannequin, I lengthened the sleeves because these kids grows too fast 🙂
I followed the pattern, I’ve just added a hood and some embellishment on the round neck, and along the buttonholes.
The set is made of coated cotton and cotton satin lining (MT). Pretty buttons are from our village’s haberdashery.
Someone pick up Eline at school every evening. So, a small present for this lady was mandatory :-)She like to be called « Tatie » by the kids, the kit is then personalized with this nick name.
Our daughter wanted to put a butterfly, and she also choose the colors.
For a cousin’s wedding in early July, I made the outfits for children following the dress code without really knowing it!
For Nolan, I made a vest out from the Burda 2012 series, gray and white cotton linen with thin black stripes tennis.
For the vest: two false pockets in the colors of the liner and false placket in the back.
The pants has been made from the last Ottobre magazine. I added false pockets behind.
For Eline, a princess dress was required and in order to give it even greater significance, I added a tulle petticoat home-made model. The dress is made of white taffeta embroidered and adorned with silver sequins. The bust is lined with white cotton.
The dress is essentially from a Ottobre’s pattern, with as always some changes, like the length. The Day, the little girl wore a pink satin sash with a big knot. She was almost as beautiful as the bride.
Now up to the photos.
A new one for the bag serie. Done for my sister with darker color and without any name. I was not sure she is happy to have her name on the bag, so I replaced it by stars.
Il lui plaisait, elle l’utilise tout les jours!
tissu enduit, tissus à pois et biais (maison) MT
Our kids had new bedrooms few months ago.
Nos loulous ont une nouvelle chambre depuis quelques temps. And who says new room also said new decor !
Noland wanted a dinosaurs bedroom (I think he will become a paleontologist, because he knows the name of a lot of them…He’s 4 years old, but it’s easier for him to say « Brachiosorus » than « there is »…). I used dinosaurs fabric (already seen before) to make these pictures.
Eline wanted a princess bedroom (I was sure ! Our kids are stereotypes !) I done some frames, painted with flashy colors to enhance the wallpaper. Then I decorated the bottom with stickers. Then I hooked Christmas figurines !
Here is a makeup bag for Celine, the Nolan’s teacher assistant. It is larger than the last kit as for another use. Coated fabric and fully lined.
With a big front pocket and, of course, her first name !
The back is done with the same principle than Eline’s teacher kit : different fabrics
A second custom suitcase and several inside pockets. The teacher is coquette!
This time, suitcase is a little bit smaller, and has a greater shape.
Problem was the badge : if you use a classical pin, your badge will lean to the sire. I had an idea a long time before but had no opportunity to try it. It’s done now : I replaced the classic button by a Kam press button. It works, and you can change your badge really quickly now !
If you want a tutorial, please email me.