Still have a lot of things to show you and I can hardly wait to exhibit this health book cover I have just finished and which rejoined its addressee. After numerous exchanges with Delphine, who had wanted a cover for her baby-to-come heath book, I made up the latter by all machine made embroidery, with a little bear ‘Teddy me to you’, keen to her heart as well as the baby’s name on it. A zipper closes it all. This artefact surely caused me trouble! I had to start all over again because my needle broke and caused a hole in the middle of the baby’s name. And I had almost finished the embroidery, grrrrr! I’m sure I was the only one to see the defect but I just couldn’t go on with it!
Then, as I tried to put on the zipper, I realized it was 5 cm shorter so… a quick stop at the haberdashery and the error was repaired!
The small Aurélien has an elder brother so I added a pair of mitt wipes as a present.
– MT fabric and Euro fabric, towel fabric from stock Madeira embroidery thread –
You certainly remember my holdall bag made for a 14 years old girl. The latter has two younger sisters who had to have their own new things for the new scholar year. Pencil cases was a rather obvious choice!
Axelle, 14, had wanted a bag for the beginning of the scholar year. But not just an ordinary one, a holdall bag with: a large holder strap, large handles, three inside pockets, each one adapted to a smartphone, transportations card and canteen card, to her keys and also a hidden zipped pocket!!! The specs being established and the choice of fabric made (leatherette of taupe color), all that was expected was for me to get to work…
I started from the tutorial « La poule », by adapting it to miss’s demands.
Bu I had a hard time with this one. I started by sewing the zipped pocket. Not a big deal you might think… not so sure…
Having made a too big slit, I put a piece of leatherette to the extremities so as to hide my error. Then I sewed the double of the pocket. I enjoyed what it looked like. Except that, when I assembled the double I realized I hadn’t assembled on one side but on the bottom of the bag. Grrrrrrrrrrr
All right there I go again… Pffff!! My second attempt was much better…The slit was of the right length and at the right place this time.
After all these setbacks, photos below.
The ones of my stupidity :
And those of the finished bag!
I am pretty proud of the results… That one I would really kept it for myself …
Axelle thinks it is « too beautiful » and so do her friends.
The bag comes with a square, doubled, coordinated case with a small pocket for a USB flash drive. The case was pretty much successful as well 😉
Axelle has two sisters who have their own case for the new school year. I will show them to you soon 😉
Our kids had new bedrooms few months ago.
Nos loulous ont une nouvelle chambre depuis quelques temps. And who says new room also said new decor !
Noland wanted a dinosaurs bedroom (I think he will become a paleontologist, because he knows the name of a lot of them…He’s 4 years old, but it’s easier for him to say « Brachiosorus » than « there is »…). I used dinosaurs fabric (already seen before) to make these pictures.
Eline wanted a princess bedroom (I was sure ! Our kids are stereotypes !) I done some frames, painted with flashy colors to enhance the wallpaper. Then I decorated the bottom with stickers. Then I hooked Christmas figurines !